Saturday I met up with a solid crew of moto hearted friends consisting of Doug Ferguson , Chris Wyatt, Jeff Braswell, Devin Ferguson, Karl Peters, Mark Patterson, Terry Jeffers, Doug Capps, Jeff Harleroad, and Minnesota Tim or a big day of trail riding. The weather looked bad when I checked the radar before heading out and it looked threatening while everyone suited up for the day but not a drop hit the ground all day. We started out from Browns and headed to warm up on Duncans before heading into what would become a tour of some incredible terrain. The section we explored was commonly known as Red Oak Ridge which is accessed via coal roads from what seemed like the northern end of Windrock. Along the way to the trail Doug Capps suffered a front flat sending both him and Jeff Harkleroad back to the truck. I will be carrying a pump and patch kit everytime I go in the woods since we basically used ducktape to get his tube to hold enough air to get out. After traversing the lower Red Oak loop we detoured off the mountain into some more technical zones that offered a good look at some real possibilities for new trails. Unfortunately, we got off track when we lost the trail and after searching we wound up descending an access road down to HWY116 which we took back to Browns for a total of 46 miles. After we refueling I packed up and headed home and the rest of the crew finished the day with riding my favorite trail. I heard the total mileage for the day was 67 miles. Hell of a day!






Untitled from Ben Ramsbottom on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment