
last weekend Devin and I once again returned to Morganton, NC for the FMF Steele Creek GNCC race. I raced the Vet C 30+ morning race and Devin raced the afternoon Senior B race. The difference is in the amount of time for each race, morning races are 2 hours and the afternoon races are 3 hours. My race started with dry conditions over the 11 mile lap which consisted of 1-3' whoops and alot of tough hills both up and down. I also had 470+ racers on the track at the same time so there was a good bit of "rubbin" which is of course....racing. I was pretty stoked on my racing as I made 4 laps with some what consistent times. My goal was to get 4 laps and to have some energy in the tank to push it on the last lap which I believe I did as I felt pretty fit at the end. I do feel that I rode pretty conservative during the 2nd and 3rd lap due to paranoia of bonking or crashing out. I have a race a month on the schedule this year so hopefully I'll find some speed chasing my faster buddies around the local woods.
Devin's race was F@#King Gnarly! Rain was threatening during the last lap of my race and by the time I got back to the trailer a steady drizzle had started and then after the start the rain came in with vengeance. The course was hard enough but the rain made for some retarded conditions where at one point 40-50 racers were stuck on one hill! Oh yeah, and during the afternoon race you are racing with the Pros.... After the three laps the course was so treacherous the race was call off. Devin came back to the trailer doing sloppy dough-nuts in the grass to celebrate a hard fought battle.
Last years report
My video
2010 GNCC Steele Creek from Ben Ramsbottom on Vimeo.
Visionmoto's Highlights
2010 Steele Creek - GNCC from ftiracing on Vimeo.
Helmet Cam: 1st lap from the morning race (not me)
Steele Creek GNCC race 3-21-10 from Ron Awad on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment