Secondly, my brother Seth came into town for a visit and to race the Mud,sweat, and gears cyclocross series. We drove up to Kingsport, TN on Saturday 10/3/09 for the first race of the season and the first race I have done with Seth in the same class since our first MTB race in 1992! The course was incredible and after a good warm up we were on the start line with the largest class I'd seen at this series, 52 racers! Seth lead the entire race until a crash forced him into 4th for the day. Fifteen minutes later he was lining up again to race the 35+ race. I got a good result of 17th all without a drop of training. I guess I'll have to start riding more if I'm gonna race cross this season.
And lastly, I had another trackday at Barber Motorsports park. I really like this venue and the track is incredible! The weather was looking pretty crappy on Sunday but on Monday I got the 7:00am call to get ready and by 12:30 central time we were unloading the bikes. Seth went along to spend a day watching the action and taking over photography duty. The track had some water on it but I had other issues on my mind like getting to know the Ducati 748R that replaced the Ducati 748 which now belongs to Seth!. The 748R is a straight up race bike with full Ohlins suspension, slipper clutch and front brake that will toss you like a catapult. Also, I had to get comfortable with a new set of Michelin Power one tires which I have never ridden. Needless to say I had an interesting first date with this new to me machine. The first session was awkward with a hint of scary but I got faster as the day wore on and returned the bike to the trailer with out a scratch. I'm definitely looking forward to our next date....












No comments:
Post a Comment