Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Long time....No Blog...Barber

Sorry for the delay loyal readers so here is an update. The past few weeks I have been working alot on some new work related projects which have finally evolved into jobs! Stoked! Also, I have been wakeboarding with Scott a good bit as we dial in the wake on his boat. The additional 1100lbs of ballast has created a clean powerful wake that sends you straight up, its super sweet. Also, Devin took me on a beat down moto ride of all that LC has to offer and those trails are incredibly diverse and in spots very technical. The infamous goat trail has my number right now....goats....

This past weekend I went to Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama with my Dad and sister Kathryn. Kathryn purchased an 09 Ninja 250R in hopes of learning a new sport and some day joining us for some track action. We have never been to a Barber track day but I will definitely be back for more as the track and overall facility is ridiculous! The weather was not very cooperative but we did have a couple of sessions each day to learn the track.
Saturday we went through the riders meeting while the rain poured down all the while wishing the skies would open up. During the rains we ran over to the motorsports museum located on the property and that was amazing. If you ever go to Birmingham you have to check it out! only to be rewarded late in the day for the last two sessions. I could only get a spot in the novice/beginner group for Saturday which wasn't so bad since it allowed me a chance to learn the track, slowly. Traffic with the novice group is always an issue but I just throttle back and cruised the course.

Sunday started with sunny skies which had the paddock hoping with stoke and I had a spot in the intermediate group. After yet another riders meeting I suited up and rolled out with a much faster crowd which always pushes me to pick up the pace and the fun factor. After the first session I realize that I wasn't in the novice group and I needed to get deeper into the revs! I rolled hard into the second session and felt much faster and actually started to pick off slower riders and find some better lines, speed is good.

After lunch the rains came back with friends! At one point I had to hang onto the EZ-Up to keep it from flying away even though we had it anchored to the trailer. All day long after the storms past the trash truck was filling up with destroyed canopies due to the wind. All told I heard that over 100 canopies took flight or were otherwise destroyed by the winds. We headed out once we packed up since nobody wanted to go out on a saturated track.

Here's an on bike video of the track (not me)


Pictures from Saturday
photo by Dviantimage.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Schweet.Roadracing. Yo man,i'll send ya some of my old racing shots!