Monday, May 4, 2009

All hail the TITAN!

The GNCC series scheduled two stops in Tennessee this year and since we opted out of the first event at Loretta Lynn's ranch because of torrential rain, I couldn't let the next one go to waste. After flaking out (sorry again Devin) on leaving Saturday and camping in the rain I made the decision to leave early and git er dun. The precipitation data for the Lafayette Tennessee area indicated that over 2 inches of rain fell before Saturday night and more was in the forecast. I never imagined what I saw as we came into the venue.

We pitted in the only area that wasn't a mud hole and that was next to the Maxxis truck and thanks to Harper's Bike Shop for the EZUP! We registered, suited up, went to tech and headed to the line. The race was shortened from two hours to one and the track was cut down to 5 miles instead of 10 miles. It took me the first lap to get used to the conditions but due to some bike issues and getting stuck in one big hole I could only complete 2 laps for 10th place just missing the 3rd lap cut off. Devin had another solid race making it 3 laps to 7th place.

I have to say big thanks to Devin (why did you make me do this) Ferguson for putting up with my flakiness over this event and for being the real motivator behind my participation. I will definitely do more mudfests! Thanks Buddy!

Devin sliding his way up
Dirt Devin
The water fallThe HollarDevin running to save his truck from being towedGNCC towing service
AMERICA!

GNCC The TItan 2009 from Ben Ramsbottom on Vimeo.



2 comments:

matt wiz said...

It looks like Devin has a black in that that shot. Must have been a rough ride out there.

matt wiz said...

I was riding Lair o' the Bear yesterday and saw a dude that was smiling away and looked a lot like you. I had to do a double take. He was wearing a Yeti jersey, I wonder if it was your bro.