Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Haw Ridge 9/2/08

I was supposed to meet Devin at the main Haw Ridge lot at 4:30 but due to the constraints of work I got there around 5:00. Devin's crew was already kitted up and rolling so I got the geek suit on and tried to catch them at a predetermined point. After a spirited warm up I caught the waiting group at Twister and thus began a super fun ride. I didn't know what shape I would be in to but as it turned out I felt much better than anticipated. We stayed along the shoreline until the Sylo trail where I took the lead. We ran all over including a leg zapping climb up Skinny D followed by a really fun run down East Shore. Along the descent we buzzed two female riders as they climbed up East Ridge, sorry about that. After ER we connected in to soccer and saddle and back to the truck.

Back at the truck I noticed that Snug Tight had parked next to me so I had to write my typical "I like Dudes" on his rear window. Just as I was finishing up my tag I heard the sound of crushing gravel thus I knew the gig was up. Turning around I saw DW in full sprint which he finished off with a sweet flat tire cutty. An all most perfect finish which would have been better had beer been available.

No comments: