We unloaded and stared riding by 10:00 or so and 5 seconds into the ride I noticed a complete lack of rear brake. The lack of rear brake made for an interesting time as I could only slow down with the front brake, and the front brake is powerful! Without the rear brake I couldn't slide turns so my cornering speed was lame since I had to do all the braking with the front before the turn. We finished the trails in about 2 hours and started to head back to the truck. We were busting down through some double track when Doug suddenly turned off the trail and same to a fast stop. A stout thorn encrusted briar wrapped around Doug's neck at speed and then rewound leaving a GNARLY friction burn with a serving of gashes on one side. It looked real bad when he turned around to show me and it reminded me of that scene from Tommy Boy when Farley gets hit across the face with a 2x4, "are you should there's not a mark on my face"? After Doug's near decapitation we scurried back down to the truck and after a minor lesson in parking we were O.U.T!
Sunday started out and ended great with a little yard work, bike washing and then over to B. Hann's crib for a moto/cookout. Sarakate and I met Doug and Meghan at the Hann's to shred his trails and then grill out. Doug helped me bleed the rear brake and we were off and running. Now that I could slide the rear wheel I wanted to see how the 200 would turn and turn it did sometime to much but it helped me to figure out how much was to much. I think hitting a tree was to much but nothing broken or bleeding so we continued to shred. We finished up the evening back at Casa de Ramsbottom grillin and chillin. Great weekend!

My dad went down to Jennings, FL for a track weekend with my mom and other than a sweet lowside at speed and alittle busted pride they had a goodtime. I have badass parents!
Dad doin it!



No comments:
Post a Comment