Flying out was interesting and sitting in a plane waiting on the maintenance monkeies to locate a reference number for the almighty log book was a lesson in extreme patience. You see a plane can't leave until the log book is up to snuff and copies are signed in tripilicate, reviewed, lost, found, buried in a hole, then rediscovered and finally ok'ed. At one point the Captian says "well they found the reference number but the log book is in the office. So we will be leaving sooner or later." It was later than sooner fo sho. We finally rolled back and arrived a little later than expected.
Jackson is an incredible place on so many levels. The terrain is retarded steep and exposed which always takes me out of my element for the first few turns. I mean just riding up in the first gondola makes my heart rate jump. Plus, if the clouds break you get to see the numerous peaks looming from the next ridge over. I've been to a number of resorts but nothing compares to that little corner of the world.
Anyway, the snow was excellent but not as deep as last years trip but it blows the doors off of anything within a thousand miles of Tennessee. I brought my Lib-Tech Skate Banana out there again but did not return with it since Mat and crew wanted to ride it, bummer. I did get a call from him today after he rode it and he said that after 2 turns he fell in love. And that deck is 8cm shorter than his previous mount. Lib-tech Son! I'm already working on getting new Skate Banana since my old one is now under new management.
Here's the only other pics I took since i either forgot the camera was in my pocket or I left it at the crib.
The new tram dock


The new Center for the Art
No comments:
Post a Comment