Wednesday, November 26, 2008

GMS CX #2

Bubba's race report is brought in part by the following sponsor

Bubba's Race Report:
After doing a 3.5 hour road ride on Saturday, I showed up to the race on Sunday a bit drained, and not really feeling like getting hit by the pain stick. But…my boy Adam gave me a bottle of 15 year old Glenfiddich, so I rallied for the race to have a few pulls after. We had a large group as usual…something like 55, and 42 of us finished. Got an OK second row start, and when we went it was a complete sprint to the bottle neck and right into the flowing grassy downhill. Blew throught the tape and ended up top 30 at the start…two wheel drifts through the corners. There was a massive long up-hill, that was pretty demanding each lap, but the ride the day before had my legs feeling OK, so I felt good. This course was pretty sweet…lots of grass and flowing lines, and super fast. There were three barrier sections…two singles and one double. Ended up 30th…so I’ll take that. Back to the yota for some pulls and then back to the grotto for the Bronco’s game…which we lost to the Raiders…the worst team in the conference. Good times.

No comments: