Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Weekend

Man, what a weekend! Saturday marked the return of the annual Windrock Fall Festival which brought a large group of shredders together one more time before the winter. The weather was ridiculous the preceding days with rain and temps in the 40's and snow on top of the mountain by Sunday morning. Saturday was also my first time back on a DH bike in months. I finally sorted out the rear suspension on my Izimu by switching to a soft spring and the difference was awesome. Saturday night was Terry and Van Daily's wedding reception in the Sunsphere. The location was really cool especially at night and all the friends who showed up for the party made the night incredibly fun. The hike back to the truck with Loo, Karl, Jeff, Ziska, Racheal, Steve and SK was pure comedy. Sunday morning was pretty cold with the wind but once on the trail I warmed up fast and the track improved with each run. I made 5 runs on Saturday and 7 runs on Sunday with the last two runs on Sunday being the best for me by far.

No comments: