Our place to post up pics and stories for frends, family, and lurkers
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday Night XC ride at Haw
I met up with DJ after work to pre-ride the 12 hour H.O.T course prior to this weekends 10th anniversary race. The track was dry and fast which the impending rain will take care of before the start time on Saturday. We rode pretty much the whole loop until DJ mentioned the "Joey" trail. And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about I am referring to the O.G jump trail "illegally" built by Joey Bridges, Terry Jeffers, Rusty, Tim Troutman, and myself. The trail featured dirt berms, 20' wooden table top, numerous little drops and three doubles. Needless to say the "Friends of Haw Ridge" were not to pleased with our project and thus killed the trail. I can only imagine what would have developed for the trail system if we were encouraged to build trails rather than harassed and ridiculed by the cycling community. But with out our ousting from our little trail who knows where Windrock would be.... So we rode the ridge over to what was once called the "Joey" Trail aka the Darwin Trail, I guess we were all retards what would eventually kill ourselves. The trail is a hollow shell of what it used to be but the legend still lives on by those who continue to ride it.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
we had some great sessions there while it lasted.
we learned alot about building and riding. both rose to the next level.
1 comment:
we had some great sessions there while it lasted.
we learned alot about building and riding.
both rose to the next level.
joey.
Post a Comment