
Ever been a part of history? Well now I have. This past weekend was the inaugural Indianapolis Moto GP race. Dad and I drove up on Saturday for two reasons one to pick up a spankin new 2008 1098R (more on that later) and to watch the best riders in the world participating in what I believe is the last pure motor sport. I have followed moto GP off and on with all the members of my family and many close friends since as long as I could remember. I have always dreamed of strolling the paddock, smelling the sweetness of roasted Castrol, the qualifying, and of course seeing the greatest racing on the planet.
I have so much to say I could easily burn this blog up with jibber-jabber about the event but that wouldn't dent the stoke I have for this experience. For example, just watching the qualifying was so incredible that I called a friend of mine I hadn't spoken with in months if not a year just based on pure GP passion. It just shows that in my life moto GP bridges all obstacles! I will be back next year!
Here's some practice videos from Ducati Island and a few pics before my camera died.
*Thanks Bill Nation of Pro Italia for the tickets and the 1098R


SUNDAY FINAL PRACTICE
Video from section T1-T3
The Roll Out
STONER! and Malandri
Rossi lap 3
Last Qualifying Lap
Hayden and Spies

Padrosa

Rossi and Lorenzo

STONER!

Rossi Chasing Hayden

Rossi, Lorenzo, Hayden
No comments:
Post a Comment